I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that for most of my life I didn't know people actually used dandelion in recipes. But I'm so glad I found out!
Chicory coffee tends to have an earthy, slightly bitter taste. So having something lighter or sweet to balance the flavors is a necessity, especially if you're swapping from sugar and cream filled coffee like I did.
So, this recipe combines chicory coffee with the floral flavor of dandelion root!
Some of you might be wondering, where in the world do you get dandelion from? Your neighbors yard? Don't go around yanking wild flowers out the ground!
Chicory & Dandelion Coffee
- 1 quart Water
- 2 tbsp Chicory Root Granules
- 1/2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted Dandelion Root
- 1 tsp Molasses (or syrup)
- Add all ingredients into water and simmer 4-5 minutes
- Pour the coffee into a cup (use a strainer)